Negative Ion Measuring Instrument EB-17
This meter tests for negative ions from far-infrared rays emitted by mineral ore or other sources. The volume of negative ions is displayed with a single touch.
The EB-17 is a measuring instrument that counts negative ions (from far-infrared rays) at ordinary temperature in an idle state.
Simply bring the tester close to the sample and press the button to take the measurement.
Note: It is best to take a measurement about 10 times under roughly the same conditions.
Discard the high and low readings, then calculate the average to determine the measurement (as there can be variance in far-infrared emissions from mineral ore).
The tester can be useful for product development and sales promotions.
We have found 100 ions/cm3 to be sufficiently effective in sheets because of the many hours of contact with the body.
Use the tester according to your needs for developing negative ion products and for effective product planning and sales promotion.
Note: If the negative ion emission rate is too high, it can cause a type of fatigue experienced when spending too much time in a hot bath.
How to measure
1. Press the POWER button.
The display will show flashing horizontal bars .
2. Ten measurements of 10 seconds each will be taken and the average value will be displayed on the screen.
3. To take a new measurement, press the RESET button.
Again, ten measurements of 10 seconds each will be taken and the average value will be displayed on the screen.
4. When you are finished, press the POWER button.(The unit will turn off automatically in 15 minutes if no buttons are pressed.)
Cautions on taking measurements
• If a value of 3 to 30 is displayed after a measurement has been taken, this may be a background value, so please take three to five measurements. If a value of 3 to 30 is still displayed, you can take that to be the background value.
• With a product such as a fabric or paper that is blended with ceramic or has a ceramic print, the ceramic concentration may be low, and there may be no reaction to a single sheet. I such a case, stack three to five sheets and then take the measurement.
• Cosmic radiation and terrestrial radiation are natural phenomena. If you are taking measurements in a location that is subject to sudden electrical noise of some kind in the vicinity, the meter may be picking up that noise. If that is the case, when several measurements are taken, once or twice the values may be askew.
• If the battery power gets low while in use, “LOBAT” will be displayed on the screen. The measured value will not be affected by the low voltage, but if the voltage drops too low, an error can occur. Please change the batteries as soon as possible.
■ Display: Liquid crystal, digital 4 1/2 digits
■ Measurement unit: Ions/cm3 (ions per cubic centimeter)
■ Power supply: 4 AA alkaline batteries (lasts 60 hrs)
■ Power consumption: 100 mW
■ Detector: Pancake GM tube
■ Effective measurement area: 15.5 cm2
■ Range of measurement: 0–199900 (ions/cm3)
■ Average error: ±15%
■ Temperature range: Measuring -10 to +50°C
■ Temperature range: In storage -20 to +60°C
■ Body: Reinforced plastic
■ Size: 167 x 73 x 40 (L x W x H)
■ Weight: 330g (excluding batteries)
■ Operating environment: Temperature 0–40°C; Humidity 20–80%
■ Warranty: One year from purchase
■ Price: 198,000 yen (217,800 yen including tax)